Saturday, May 24, 2008

Equal Trade

Writing is a very functional past time for me. It has been the medium that I've chosen to use in order for the people to know what I'm feeling. I was a loner back then and most of the times left behind. I was living in the shadow for a very long time. No best friend(s), no attachment with other people, I was scared to open up. I was too shy to speak, to laugh, to stand up, to try new things and to define reality. Those were the dark and hazy days of my life. But then one day, I decided to break free, it was during my senior days. Just one glass of beer and boom! I have an instant life. People started knowing me as a "somebody". I began going out with different people. Just one shot of booze, and my life has changed.
I was able to watch this anime "Full Metal Alchemist" long time ago, and it says about "equal trade". -People invest, people sacrifice to get the satisfaction they wish. For us to achieve something, we have to let go something. I think that's what it's all about, risk in order to gain.

Life's been bating us with tricky choices, offering us different roads, testing our strength and evaluating our behavior. It keeps on confusing us, maybe to measure our capacity in balancing our decisions. Whatever it is, it's not easy to live. You've not just noticed it but you are here because of the things you've had given up. You jeopardize yourself the moment you wake up and race against life elements. You just don't know the things I've had to let go just to be where I am now. I've had to benumbed and surrender everything I've had in exchange of a new life. I must look strong in front of them to save a "somebody" in me. We have many things in our palms to let go, even love. I remember what Sister Martha told us last semester "I've found my ideal man but I have to let go of him because of Christ". Whatever one has gambled, remember the word "equal trade". And to triumph against life, we have to enjoy the experience under the vicinity of our chosen route. Ride on and learn from your mistakes, learn to let go, learn to give, learn to trust your fate and learn to appreciate because we live to learn. And as for me, I may not have taken the perfect road but I've managed to still be walking this strong and that's something I should be thankful of.

No comments: