Friday, March 21, 2008

March 20,2008 -Back to the place

When I woke up, the place was whirling. I stood up and still feeling dizzy. I could not remember how my ass got into the couch. My face was still red when I washed it with cold water and my arms too. Damn night! I looked at the mirror and my hair was like caught by a tornado. Hahaha Then my niece got this idea of going to Olango Island and without second thoughts, we agreed on.

Hours later and we're there.



Home Sweet Home Olango Island

I could see the species under the sea. It's clear and shimmers along with the rays of the sun like crystal framents. Ohh I wanna jump off from the boat and forget getting wet! I could hear the whistles of the fresh air around us. The place, it's been almost a year since my last visit there. We didn't stay in our place there but rather in our aunt's house. Our place was in a great mess since we had it cleaned almost a year ago during our last visit. We ate our food and went straight to the sea after, geee. The salt water was perfectly mixed into the heat of the sun. The cheerful spirits of the children swimming and their voices so alive and loud, it's like a melody that reminds me of how me and my other siblings were. I miss the place, I sure do. I used to go there alone and unwind. The tranquilizing ambiance helped me cope up with my depressions back then. Back when I was so confused and tired of putting myself in a crowd. Back when running away from people was my way of escaping reality. I always have my sketch pad with me because the nature for me is a perfect model for a troubled heart. It doesn't move, it's calm, it's simple and doesn't complain. Until sunset came and it's time to leave the Island and bid goodbye to a dashing place. I'm going back to the real world now and face the busy city. I've painted images on the sky of that very Island. I've written names on it's fine sand and erased it with my foot before the sea could wipe it away. I've made promises only the moon and the stars knew. Now I'm leaving it all behind, rubbing lightly the traces I've left and make new way to a new kind of picture. I'm slowly letting go of those heavy things in my hands that have made my journey a burden. I no longer live in isolation now, although there are things that must be kept inside me. I'll try my best not to get affected and view life as beautiful as the nature. Indeed, we run our life and if we stumble, we must stand up and never let people laugh at you or look at you with pity. I must be strong for the special people who molded me into what I am now.

No comments: